Friday, July 24, 2009

WHAT?!! Only 30 days left?!

This summer has absolutely flown by! I can't believe that I only have 30 days left in New York! It's been great but I feel like I still have so much I want to do, so much I want to see, and more crazy experiences I want to have!

I did finally get to be somewhat of a tourist this past week. My friend Chelsea came into town last weekend and we had the best time! Friday we went to see Ground Zero (looks just like a random construction site) and the New York Stock Exchange. Since 9/11, the NYSE is no longer open to visitors, and no matter how much you flirt with the security guards and how hard you bat your pretty little eyes, they won't let you in to see all the action. Dang.

After that we went to Chelsea (the neighborhood) so that Chelsea (the girl) could take a bunch of pictures of stuff that said her name. I'm pretty sure if there was an Elizabeth neighborhood, I would do the same thing. We saw the Chelsea Market which was really neat and we had some yummy gelato there and chatted it up with a cool gelato guy from Italy. That night we had reservations for Restaurant Week at Mesa Grill, Bobby Flay's restaurant, and it was sooooo yum! Chelsea wanted to go there because she is a Bobby Flay stalker and a Food Network nerd. She makes me proud :)

Saturday and Sunday I had to work, but we still got to hang out in the afternoons and evenings. We hit up some open bars (love the free booze,) spent Chelsea's life savings at H&M, and had ice cream at the world's first Hagen Daaz shop, which is like 2 blocks from my apartment, who knew! We also did the NBC Studio tour which was awesome, they even took us in the studio where they shoot Saturday Night Live!! And, of course, we went up to the Empire State Building and took TONS of pictures. Chelsea's visit was short, but I'm so glad she came! It was really nice to have a familiar face around for a while. AAAND my 3 best friends arrive in 5 days!! Can't wait to see them as well!

Here's a photo of Chelsea and I living it up in the city!



We had another fun concierge event at work: a BOAT PARTY!! It was sooooo much fun, even though I got a little motion sickness. There was great music, great food, and best of all, a great view of the whole city! If you visit New York, I highly suggest the Circle Line Cruise, it's tons of fun! I felt like such a tourist just clicking away with my camera:

There she is! First up close glance at Lady Liberty! I took like 3627782 of this exact same picture, got a little carried away :)


A more zoomed in view. Unfortunately, she's smaller than I expected, but it was still cool to see her. My boss came up to me while I was snapping photos and said "Don't ya just feel like a real American now?" As if I wasn't a legitimate American before.... what an idiot.


Look at all the sailboats!!!!


Pirate ship!! Arggg, matey.


Such an awesome view.


More Manhattan.


Approaching the Brooklyn Bridge.......


Going under the Brooklyn Bridge.......


Coming out the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge!


The Manhattan Bridge, nice, but not as awesome as the Brooklyn Bridge.

1 comment:

  1. I had completely forgotten that you were in NYC. Looks like you had a great time! I hope to be there by fall 2010. Will be calling you for tips. Esp since I want to do mag j too. Thanks for reading my blog and commenting and especially for your prayers. thank you!

    ReplyDelete