Welcome to my first blog everyone!!!! Thanks for visiting! I have decided to keep a blog while I am living in New York so I can keep everyone updated (and by everyone I mean anyone who cares) plus I'm bound to get myself into some interesting situations, so those should be fun to read at least!
I leave for New York in FOUR days and I can barely contain my excitement. It's like Christmas Eve when you're nine years old and you can't sleep because you're too excited for Christmas presents, except I'm not nine anymore and it isn't the night before I leave, but nonetheless it consumes my thoughts and I can still barely sleep. It's a little pathetic, I know.
Besides being excessively excited for my trip, I have also noticed that I'm becoming more and more nervous about it as well. I'm certainly having a lot of freak-out moments, here is a sampling of some of my crazy thoughts: What if I fail miserably at my internship? What if I get mugged? What if I get attacked on the subway? What if all the people there are a bunch of rude, cynical assholes? What if I become a rude, cynical asshole while living there? What if people detest me? What if I detest them? What if my roommates are weird or smelly or both? WHAT IF I HATE IT?
While I highly, highly doubt that I will hate NYC, I can only think of the bazillions of other things that have been overrated and left me disappointed (all my attempts with Nair products come to mind.) Maybe I'm a worry wart just like my mom, but while I'm stuck here in Austin for four more days that's probably all I'll be able to do, that and finding anything to do besides pack up all my crap.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment